Sunday 15 April 2012

Final Reflection on Learning


After 13 weeks of non-stop action, this module was finally over. I was relieved for the end of this module because it was really very very hectic. Initially, based on the description of the module outline, I thought it would be a walk in the park. Only after the assessments start to kick in where I felt the brunt blow of the workload and commitment I was supposed to put in. 

I have to admit I dislike the workload part, however I do enjoy the process of doing the assessments. The feeling when you accomplished something big like doing a real proposal is indeed satisfying. During the process of crafting the proposal, I have learnt a great deal. Especially for the interviewing segment for the proposal, it was quite exciting. Honestly, the interview I had done was the first proper interview with a person of a much higher authority than me. Before the interview, I was quite nervous but after it was over, the feeling was great! I believe this experience would be very beneficial to me in the future as I have experienced the feeling of talking to a person of a high authority in a formal setting.

While working with my teammates, I can see true friendship. For our team, we would always cover for each other when one of us is busy. Even though all of us have many commitments, we would always place the proposal as top priority due to the fact that we would not want our teammates to suffer because of us. Such team spirit is very hard to come by in this academically competitive environment. 

Actually it has been very long since I have attended a class where everyone were so closely knitted together and everyone can be themselves. Thus, it has always been very fun to go to class. In addition, for class we also do not have to do much preparation unlike the typical tutorial classes. So going to class was quite a carefree thing for me.

I am quite glad that I have took this module because I have learn realistic skills like presenting a proposal and writing a top class resume/ application letter. I would also like to thank my tutor Miss Lim Lay Hoon here because I can really feel the tremendous effort she has invested in our class which are especially evident in her comments for our assignments! I have never seen a tutor that puts in the same amount of effort as the students!

3 comments:

  1. Haha sounds like quite a lot of us got 'cheated' by the module description uh! But yes, we derive an indescribable amount of satisfaction looking back at the voluminous amount of effort we have put in! I personally enjoyed the interview session I had with Chee Kian and the Provost too as it was really exciting speaking to someone of higher authority.

    Haha press on for the upcoming examinations and take care yeah! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dude,

    Yeah I was rather overwhelmed too, considering FYP and my other mods. I cannot imagine what you guys who were 4-5 other modules were feeling. But I reckon the sheer usefulness of the material merits the time we spent, yes?

    Anyway it was grat to meet you and I could see that you enjoyed coming to the class. Have a good time in NUS man!

    Cheers,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gang Rui,

    After reading so many of our classmates blog posts, I realise that Ms Lim's efforts paid off well. The things to look our for has been ingrained in us now and just as what Leon had mentioned during the last speech in class, we have become more aware of what's being said, written and presented.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete